Join us to raise the alarm for good food and good farming!
European policies influence what we eat: most agriculture subsidies go into the pockets of industrial large-scale farms while support for a fair and sustainable transition is missing. We need incentives to protect nature and the climate, to support fair incomes, prices and working conditions for farmers and to provide healthy food for all.
We, consumers, farmers, activists from across Europe, take action to demand more support for local farming for our communities and climate-and nature-friendly practices. If we want to prevent climate and nature breakdown, we need to reduce drastically the use of pesticides, fertilisers and antibiotics and cut emissions from agriculture and food.
We want policies that promote:
- access to local, healthy and culturally-appropriate food for all
- lively rural areas and more young people in farming
- no GMOs and major reduction of chemical pesticides and fertilisers
- fair income and decent working conditions for farmers, land workers, pastoralists and fishers
- subsidies to support farmers in the transition to more sustainable practices
- protection of biodiversity, the environment and the climate
- higher animal welfare and fewer, higher-quality animal products
- international trade agreements that protect human rights and support efforts to create socially just and ecologically resilient societies
- more participation of farmers, consumers and activists in political decision making